Sunday, January 15, 2017

Goals 2017

Goals are good but it's easy to be too ambitious and not to have SMART goals. I think that the most important quality of the criteria is to be Measurable and Time-bound. If you can't measure or know when they should be fulfilled goals are not really worth having.

I'm going to limit myself to these three goals:
  • 12 000 SEK in accumulated dividend income at the end of 2017.
  • 70 % saving rate.
  • Write at least one blog post per week.
The dividend goal is probably set a bit too high since I plan to invest 360 000 SEK and this means that my yield will have to be a lot higher than 3.33 %.

At the moment I have ~30 710 SEK after taxes and save ~20 0001 SEK each month for a savings rate around 65%. This means reducing my monthly expenses from ~10 710 SEK to ~9 213 SEK or increasing my income to ~35 700 SEK, or something in between. I think that it is reasonable for me to increase my salary after taxes to ~ 33 000 SEK which means I have to reduce my expense to ~9 900 SEK which will be a fun goal.

And last but not least the goal that is probably going to be by far the easiest or hardest. I have no experience writing a blog, but am hoping that it will be a fun and rewarding experience.

Thanks to Lauren Wayne for her tips on how to add footnote to blogger.


1 I don't really know how much money I spend every month. I will try to go back in time and summarize December and November

No comments:

Post a Comment